Some important thigs i learned about Buoyancy were...
- An object will float if the fluid displaced is greater then the objects wieght
- An object will sink if the fluid displaced is lesser then the objects wight
- Buoyancy is the opisite force of gravity
- A positive buoyancy is when an object floats
- A negative buoyany is when an object sinks
- A neutral buoyancy is when an objet neather sinks or floats
- Buoyancy has two main facters, wieght of an object and the amount of fluid the object displaces
Now it was time for my expirement. The objects that i used were 3 glass (to put the fluids in), ketup, water and honey (the fluids I was testing), a rock, piece of tinfoil and wood (the objects I would drop in the fluid, all about the same size), and a spoon (to retrive the obects after they were droped in the fluids).
I had to make my procedure next. The steps I took were...
- Fill cups with fluids (Ketup,water and honey)
- Take piece of wood and drop it in each fluid
- Do the same with the rock
- Do the same with tinfoil
- Record data
Wood: Floated in every fluid.
Rock: Floated in honey and ketup, sunk in water.
Tinfoil: Floated in every fluid.
So in conclusion my hypothesis was right, but i was a bit surprised that the rock didn't sink in the ketup (maybe I didn't use a very dense rock).
(objects I used)