Today in our science class we are talking about Fluorescence, Phosphorescence and Chemiluminescence lights.
- The creation and emission of light by absorbing UV light energy from another object.
- Needs consistent enrgy to work.
(ex) Fluorescent light bulbs.
- The creation and emission of light by ABSORBING LIGHT ENERGY from another object.
- TAKES TIME
- Does not give off light right away.
- Keeps giving light when energy source is taken away.
(ex) Glow-in-the-dark items.
- The creation and emission of light through a CHEMICAL REACTION.
- Often has LITTLE TO NO HEAT.
(ex) Glow sticks